Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Parent's Sweet-Revenge

I am very aware that I posted my son's mission call on our family blog Browning Dirt but not here.  Why?  I have no idea.  I could have posted on both.  I guess maybe I thought people with a personal interested in it would go to my family site.  It has been brought to my attention though, that it's "the funniest thing" at least one person, "has ever seen" and it should have also been posted on Youtube for the whole world to see Kevin and I get back at our son for all the years of teasing, joking, embarrassing, pranking etc.  What was I thinking? Lol.  So even though some of you may have already seen this, and because it was strongly advised by my friend Heather, I'm sharing our FAKE mission call prank we pulled on Kalten, here on Tidbits For Trina.   Also it's fitting since his farewell is this weekend.

Here's the short background.  Everyone who knows Kalten can attest to the fact that he'll do anything for a laugh, including but not limited to hiding from his school teacher on top of a cabinet, writing an essay about his hot mom, eating an entire box of Twinkies in about 3 minutes for his senior talent show while his class sang the Twinkie song and constantly putting yellow food coloring in the toilet to make me crazy.

My husband and I have been looking for a way to get back at Kalten (for years), but he's always a step-ahead of us.  Then we got creative.  I wrote a fake mission call thinking it would be funny if he and all who came to hear him read his call thought it was real then slowly realized it was fake- as we added a bit of Star Wars.  We looked at a real one then copied the way it looked enough that it would pass...right down to the letter head and a postal stamp on the envelope.  When his real one came we hijacked it and switched it out for the fake, keeping the real one aside for after the joke.  I've posted what the letter actually said after the video.


         





Here is what it said:

Dear Elder Browning,

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  You are assigned to labor in the Las Vegas, Nevada Mission.  It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months.

You should report to the missionary training center in Provo, Utah on Wednesday June 23, 2012.  You will prepare to teach the gospel in the Calmarian language.  Your mission president may modify your specific call according to the needs of the mission.  

You have been recommended as one worth to serve in the City of Sin.  Because of your diligence in keeping the commandments of God you will serve as a special missionary called to help cleanse this Sodom and Gomorrah like city of its great iniquity.  It will take a superior amount of study and being on guard of the ways of the adversary, to not fall prey to the evil ways of your surroundings.

Your purpose will be to seek those souls who've been tempted and fallen to the dark side and help them come unto Christ.  As you serve diligently your mission president, General Ackbar, will be a strenth and guid to you.  We wish you luck with your future endeavors as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  May the force be with you.

                                                     Sincerely,  

                                                     George Lucas
                                                     President


6 comments:

  1. its even more funny the second viewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahaha that's awesome! I can't watch the video until I'm at home, but the text is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos mom & dad! And congrats to your son!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment and will make every attempt to return the love! Make sure to include a link to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...